Friday, December 19, 2008

Just To Talk


Well, it's Friday, December 19th and it's -24c outside! Calgary is the birthplace of cold. Everybody is all bundled and rushing to the malls for last minute shopping.

Last night was the season finale of Stylista. What can I say. Johanna, the nice one, won. Megan got the boot, and Dyshan is just Dyshan. Not the finale we all hoped for but it is what it is. All of you would agree, Meghan was the most qualified for the job at Elle. She has a fashion sense far ahead of all the others. Her only draw back was her attitude, which she has to learn to scale back at the appropriate time. That said, this girl'll go far in fashion, should she continue. She looks good in every outfit she wears.
Now a little about Calgary's fashion sense! I always held to the mindset that Calgary is behind in fashion. Being originally from Toronto, I held strongly that it was Canada's fashion capital. And as far as fashion business goes, it probably is. But I'm talking about your everyday peeps. How do the good people of this fair city dress like? When I think Calgary I think "redneck". When I think Toronto I think "God's chosen People". But, coming back home to the T-dot on a recent trip I was dissapointed to find a lack of fashion togetherness which I was convinced we were born with. I had to admit that Calgary is more fashion forward than Toronto, on a strictly "common folk" basis. So bravo Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment